[ale] tux magazine

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Wed Nov 9 16:10:11 EST 2005

On Wed November 9 2005 2:03 pm, Cliff Free wrote:
> article. He makes claims such as "...Debian also uses the best
> packaging technology available for any operating system..." without
> telling WHY he THINKS this. I become very wary when people state
> their opinions as fact without providing some sort of references,
> sources, or evidence to back them up. I'd rather see someone write
> an article that objectively discusses the different aspects of
> different distros and how they relate to typical uses of Linux. This
> would help people make a better choice for themselves instead of
> subjecting them to a Linspire sales pitch.
you said what I was thinking.. I think I agree that Linspire might not
be the best, but not having installed it, I don't have a reason..
other than it cost $50 a year.
everything else he said was subjective, without good arguements.
I'd like to know why Debian is a 14 CD install !?!?!?!?!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800