[ale] tux magazine

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Wed Nov 9 13:44:26 EST 2005

hey, I was just perusing the Nov Tux magazine online and read an
article about choosing a Linux distro.

http://www.tuxmagazine.com/node/1000160
How to Choose a Canine Companion, or Finding the Right Distro
The author of a new book for Linux users explains how and why he chose
to use the Linspire distribution.

by Peter van der Linden

my question is why he pushes Linspire, which costs $50 a year, when it
is based on Debian, which is free. but you CAN buy the 12-14 CDs from
companies, as an example:
http://www.1stdebian.com/
Version 3.1r0 "Sarge"
Released June 6, 2005
13 or 14 disks, $29.99
Also available on DVDs.

Version 3.1 (Sarge) offers support for much newer hardware, many new
features, the 2.6 kernel, and many other improvements.

I downloaded all the CD's, but I just finished upgrading to SUSE 10.0,
so I'm not ready for a change right now:)

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800