[ale] PHP/MySQL Accounting Core - Reccomendations?

Grant Robertson me at grantrobertson.com
Tue Nov 8 16:01:25 EST 2005

If you're focusing on an auto dealer aware package (i.e. financing,
stock numbers, floorplan management, etc..) there isn't much out there
that isn't expensive. There are several players in this space, and
they've all been around quite a while. AutoManager (which is mostly an
access based system) seems to be popular. The dealers I know use
something like that for lot management and quickbooks for the
accounting. It's far from ideal, but it works.

There is quite a bit of functionality to create if you're going to
write something custom.

-G

On 11/7/05, Mike Harrison <meuon at geeklabs.com> wrote:

> I'm digging into the possibities of writing a custom application
> for a small group of boat/auto owned by the same people. As they own
> a few locations with a couple people at each, a web based system would
<snip>

--
F. Grant Robertson
m: 404.388.9797