[ale] PHP/MySQL Accounting Core - Reccomendations?

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Mon Nov 7 15:05:46 EST 2005

I'm digging into the possibities of writing a custom application
for a small group of boat/auto owned by the same people. As they own
a few locations with a couple people at each, a web based system would
be ideal. I'd love to find them an accounting/sales package (commercial or
FOSS) that worked well out of the box for a vehicle dealer also doing
service work as well as new/used/consignment sales. Linux-ish/SQL based
would be ideal.

I've been searching the web/freshmeat/etc.. but I'm not finding much
that seems to fit this bill, although http://www.gnuenterprise.org
looks interesting - it also seems to be only partially baked.

Anyone out there seen anything out there that might keep me
from recreating something that I am sure hoping already exists for sale?

Or even a good web based accounting package that we could extend?