[ale] OT: $400 Laptop

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 17:39:52 EST 2005

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 12:08 -0500, Christopher Fowler wrote:
>> Is this a good deal or waste?
>>
>> http://engadget.com/entry/1234000280066047/
>>
> If WalMart sells it, it MUST be crap.

I must wash my clothes with crap laundry detergent then (Tide no less).

Walmart also generally sells the cheapest gasoline around, not to
mention the good deals they have on tires (or is that at Sams?).

Walmart generally sells the same thing everyone else sells (other than
their own name brand), they do it in volume and pass the savings back to
the consumer.  I like this, although I can see how small store owners
might be worried.

24hr Walmarts have more than once saved my a## when I needed a telephone
cord, an extension cord, a Coleman lantern (power outage), a network
cable, and once even an internal USR 56K modem, in the middle of the night.

Soon us ITP folks will have a Super Walmart, just east of 75N btwn
N'Side and Howell Mill, in which to roam aimlessly. ;-)

-Jim P.