[ale] OT: $400 Laptop

Matt Magee mattslistmail at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 4 16:53:36 EST 2005

My last Wal-Mart watch lasted 3 years at a cost of $10.  Sounds like a
good compromise to me.

If the laptop lasts 3 years for $400, I think that's a reasonable
lifespan for a budget product.  Maybe it will, maybe it won't.  At $400,
it would be hard to pick between this new unit, or an older but higher
quality used laptop.  I suppose for 99% of the people out there, the
Wal-Mart junk is good enough.