[ale] OT: oh crap

hbbs at comcast.net hbbs at comcast.net
Fri Nov 4 13:00:06 EST 2005

I'd learn to recognize the MS "alternatives" for well-established open standards...and avoid them.  I think that knocks AD and WINS right out.

That, to me, is the biggest underlying difference between Win-world and Lin-world - it's the Windows Way of Doing Things vs. The Way of Doing Things.
I always tell people to run stuff as though someone's going to bring in a Mac or a VAX or a Sun or an SGI or an RS/6000 any day.