[ale] Kmail and Spam

Christopher Ness mness215 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 3 22:33:22 EST 2005

On Thursday 03 November 2005 16:02, Michael Hirsch scratched his head, bit his
pencil and wrote:
> On 11/2/05, Christopher Ness <mness215 at comcast.net> wrote:

> > I think that is something different.. When I ran Slackware I would have a
> > propagating empty mail that I was generating internally as the index
> > corrupted or some such. These are coming in with only the sending IP
> > really
> > there. Everything else is junk or missing.
>
> I'm seeing these message in my ISPs webmail interface, long before they get
> to Kmail. I think this must be a different issue.

Right. We're on the same page. These messages are totally messed up. This
isn't a function of kmail. I just see them that way because kmail stops
whatever payload they were carrying.
I went out of town two weeks ago and only had a laptop running XP for a week.
I was astounded to see what mail looked like under Outlook Distress. But you
what. I wouldn't trade from kmail for the world. I don't even have to think
about viruses or spam as anything but a proof that my mail connection is
working. First I filter on <html> and that alone gets 90% of the spam. So
I'll just add "no subject" to the filter list and flush that toilet once in a
while/

--
Chris Ness
mailto:cness at earthlink.net               All jobs are equally easy to