[ale] new ASUS T2 running Suse 10.0 is slooowwww

Wed Nov 2 13:13:26 EST 2005

>I could upgrade to a P4 3.2 GHz/ 1 MB cache and 800 MHz FSB and/or add a
>SATA drive.

sounds like you put in some great hardware into this box, the RAM and
the hard drive are great....
the processor however is what I would upgrade first.

emil

p.s. it sounds like its a bios / hardware setting issue to me as well. A
full 10 mins to boot suse is very wierd. I have an atholon xp 2000 that
takes less than 5 min to boot suse.
make sure all the settings on the mb are correct... its possible the ram
is not running at full speed...
I have an IDE drive in that system with 5400rpm or slower and it boots
like I said in less than 5min.

sata will make a huge diff in speed, but I would upgrade that processor
first.