[ale] Need Tractor Feed Dot Matrix printer

aaron aaron at pd.org
Fri May 27 11:08:43 EDT 2005

On Friday 27 May 2005 14:13, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> On Friday 27 May 2005 09:02 am, Mark Wright wrote:
> | I think anyone that used or owned an XT should qualify.
>
> What about those of us who owned the early 8-bit Ataris,
> Commodores and Amigas, all of which pre-dated the first
> Apples? The only programming language for these antiques
> was Basic, in one flavor or another.
>
> Sean

:-)
Just a point of correction on the Amiga part:
:-)
Amiga's were 16 bit Motorola 68000 from the start, and became 32 bit computing
machines with the 68020 subsequent 680x0 series successors. The current Amiga
line, the Amiga One, is PPC G3/G4 based.
<http://www.eyetech.co.uk/PRODUCT/PAMA1.php> .

I believe Amiga had 3 or 4  programming language options available within a
year of the system's initial release, though the systems shipped with a
version of Micro$haft Basic for the first couple years -- that was part of a
software porting contract agreement which the Micro$haft criminals totally
defaulted on delivering. The Amiga port of Micro$hafted Basic was only
marginally functional as well, since the M$ coders completely failed to grasp
the advanced design concepts of the operating system.

Your list of 1980's era computer contemporaries relying on Basic might have
also included the Texas Instruments Home Computer, the TI-99 (1981), though
those were 16 bit systems as well.
:-)

peace
aaron