[ale] Sound of Silence

Cor van Dijk cor.angela at mindspring.com
Wed May 25 16:27:14 EDT 2005

Geoffrey wrote:

> Cor van Dijk wrote:
>
> Remove and re-add your sound card through YAST.

Thanks for your response Geoffrey, but I must have done that already at
least ten times.
Besides, all this talk about the sound being muted is most likely beside
the point, because almost all sound  stuff that I fire up complains
about the soundcard not being configured. The ones that do not complain
either hang or refuse to even appear.

Yast maintains that the soundcard is up and running.

In despair I downloaded
    "alsa-driver-1.0.9rc4a.tar.bz2"
and did a complete reinstall of all the alsa stuff: no good.

Thanks to all of you who thought about this problem.
Whenever I lick the sucker I will post the results, but don't count on
anything. Cor van Dijk