[ale] multi-processor vs. Tape Drive

James McFarland stalax at earthlink.net
Wed May 25 12:55:48 EDT 2005

Here's the output for both kernels:

MP:
[root at pheonix ~]# uname -a
Linux pheonix.xxx.xxx 2.6.11-1.14_FC3smp #1 SMP Thu Apr 7 19:38:19 EDT 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

SP:
[root at pheonix ~]# uname -a
Linux pheonix.xxx.xxx 2.6.11-1.14_FC3 #1 Thu Apr 7 19:23:49 EDT 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Something else occurred to me.  Might it be significant that under the Single Processor kernel it finds the tape drive on SCSI channel 2?  According to the scsi card the raid is on 0 & the tape is on 1.

-James

Ale at ale.org