[ale] multi-processor vs. Tape Drive

James McFarland stalax at earthlink.net
Wed May 25 11:59:28 EDT 2005

I've tried using diff to compare the config files, but none of the differences jump out at me as a potential cause (although this may be where my limited kernel knowledge may be hurting me).

[root at pheonix ~]# diff /boot/config-2.6.11-1.14_FC3 /boot/config-2.6.11-1.14_FC3smp
3,4c3,4
< # Linux kernel version: 2.6.11-1.14_FC3
< # Thu Apr  7 19:21:47 2005
---
> # Linux kernel version: 2.6.11-1.14_FC3smp
> # Thu Apr  7 19:36:17 2005
17c17
< CONFIG_BROKEN_ON_SMP=y
---