[ale] iptables TOS (was: b'bye)

Jonathan Rickman jrickman at gmail.com
Tue May 24 15:28:03 EDT 2005

On 5/24/05, Christopher Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:

> 3.  Is it possible to limit bandwidth from a specific internal IP
>     address no matter the load.  Can I say that 192.168.1.5 can only
>     have up to 5% of the bandwidth period.  No bursting based on load?

You can rate limit specific connection with the dstlimit module. I
lost my cheat sheet that I had on it, and the man page is clear as
mud, so you'll want to hit google for examples. I have used this in
the past to rate limit traffic (in packets per second) heading for a
specific destination port, so I'm pretty sure it'll do what you want.
You'll need to do some math to figure out what limits to set, but
other than that it should be a piece of cake.

--
Jonathan