[ale] tomcat woes

Barry Hawkins barry at bytemason.org
Tue May 24 11:57:02 EDT 2005

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 10:59:41PM -0400, James P. Kinney III spake thus:
> Has anyone setup tomcat 5 with the /servlets/* invoker?
I believe the Servlet invoker requires /servlet/ with no 's'.

[...]
> Tomcat just doesn't "see" the class files in the servlets directory.
[...]
It sounds like the Servlets you wish to invoke are not in your web
application's classpath.  Do these Servlets need to be accessed by
multiple web apps, or does each web app have its own servlets?  If
the latter is true, having the Servlets either in your /WEB-INF/lib
as a .jar package or as files that get compiled and output into
/WEB-INF/classes should make them visible.  If you need a classpath
entry for a .jar or .class files outside the webapps directory, it
is a bit more involved, but fortunately doable.

Sorry if I overlooked part of the issue, but I had to make this reply
quick.

Regards,
--
Barry Hawkins