[ale] b'bye

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 11:46:24 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 11:09 -0400, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> One topic that baffles me is QoS and how to set it up.  I'd love to see
> a presentation on that.

from a routing or host perspective?  I do simple inbound/outbound "QoS"
with iptables' TOS (type of service) flag (now superseded by DSCP), but
on a router it would be much more different and detailed.  Still, from a
single host standpoint TOS marking and "prioritization" can improve
traffic flow across a busy interface.

Here is a good overview page from Cisco:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a0080087afb.html

I would be more than willing to do a ALE meeting on this, but it's not
really all that much to cover. ;-)

-Jim P.