[ale] VOTE: Take the root war off-list

Barry Hawkins barry at bytemason.org
Thu May 19 23:55:21 EDT 2005

For the six or so folks perpetuating the current flame threads over whether or not to run as root, I would like to make it clear that it has not only been unpleasant, it is long past annoying.  I for one am way over my limit on this thing, and I do not think I am alone.  Take it off-list, and if you still want it publicly archived, join a Yahoo Group or something.  The last time I checked deadhorsebeaters at yahoogroups.com was still available.
If I am alone, and everyone else is eating up every single post, then by all means, continue.  Let's do this like we do on open source development lists; let's vote.  I propose you guys take this off-list.

Here's my +1, anyone else who agrees add your +1.  If I am the only one, fine, flame on.

Sincerely,
--
Barry Hawkins
All Things Computed