[ale] Sunday 05-22-05 6PM RUN-AS-ROOT CHALLENGE

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Thu May 19 18:42:38 EDT 2005

Jim Popovitch wrote:

> That is false, and you just showed me that you don't really use your
> Linux PC for anything important.  How often do you backup?  Do you do
> any work in between backups?  What about the hour you take for lunch and
> aren't around, did you do a backup before you left for lunch?  You
> assumption that nothing important changes between backups is a flawed
> one, and one that is very telling of how you use (or don't use) Linux.

Nobody said there would be zero delta between the present state of
affairs and a backup.  Otherwise, would any work get done, anywhere, at
any time?

But having the backup, at the very least, prevents you from losing
*everything*, and gives you only a minimal amount of work to duplicate,
if you're smart.

	- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                               <fd0man at gmail.com>
Website: http://fd0man.chadeux.net/     Jabber: mtrausch at jabber.com
Phone: +1-(678)-522-7934              FAX (US Only): 1-866-806-4647
Do you have PGP or GPG?  Key at pgp.mit.edu, Please Encrypt E-Mail!