[ale] Sunday 05-22-05 6PM RUN-AS-ROOT CHALLENGE

Jonathan Rickman jrickman at gmail.com
Thu May 19 17:47:15 EDT 2005

On 5/19/05, Jim Popovitch <jimpop at yahoo.com> wrote:

> This is too good to pass up because of that.  I will gleefully provide
> up-front air travel and hotel and can personally pick you up at the
> airport, deliver you to the meeting etc.

Wow. You'd do all that just so one of us could show up, log in, and
type rm -rf / on his box? I guess I could do the honors. I might even
bring a box in and let Drew log in as a normal user and try to figure
out how to damage the system.

We really need an ALE "Hall of Fame" archive for threads like these.

--
Jonathan