[ale] Sunday 05-22-05 6PM RUN-AS-ROOT CHALLENGE

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Thu May 19 17:26:21 EDT 2005

> Any takers for a face-to-face showdown?
>
> -Jim P.

I apologize for the fact that I am NOT living locally.
I set up the challenge to be online because I am in Texas.

Otherwise, I would have set up the challenge differently:
I would ask them to bring their daily use boxes, and we run the SAME commands
on EVERY box. That would not only prove my position, but if I won the
challenge it would prove my box is actually MORE secure than theirs!

Textbook irony.

(Of course, I would point the challenge at Rickman and other people who claim
to be more experienced with security than others on this list - rather than
Geoffrey). I'd go for the self-promoting ones.
--
Wishing you Happiness, Joy, and Laughter,
Drew Brown