[ale] Linux Distributions

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Wed May 18 18:07:43 EDT 2005

ChangingLINKS.com wrote:

> Similarly, you have told me to operate a box the way you do. For some time
> now, I have been operating a different way and like my way just fine. My
> "processing" of information comes from my own experiences (rather than the
> scare tactics - like using hypothetical futuristic scenerios that will never
> occur).

And no, I have told you that running as root is not only insecure, but
irresponsible.

I expect nearly nobody to run a box in the same *fashion* that I do;
most people do not, and will not, unless forced by the constraints of a
corporation.

--
Michael B. Trausch                               <fd0man at gmail.com>
Website: http://fd0man.chadeux.net/     Jabber: mtrausch at jabber.com
Phone: +1-(678)-522-7934              FAX (US Only): 1-866-806-4647
Do you have PGP or GPG?  Key at pgp.mit.edu, Please Encrypt E-Mail!