[ale] Sunday 05-22-05 6PM RUN-AS-ROOT CHALLENGE

George Carless kafka at antichri.st
Wed May 18 15:04:43 EDT 2005

> You are backpeddling already. You are now assuming I am running a liveCD.
> That is what Jim P. IS pointing out and you refuse to acknowledge.
>
> I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO TELL YOU WHAT I AM RUNNING.
> I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO GIVE YOU ROOT PASSWORD.
> I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO TELL YOU MY IP.

I'm not back-pedalling.  You made the claim that running as root was perfectly safe.  It's incumbent upon
you to support that claim.

And, you still think this is all about "hackers".  It's not.  It never was.

All of this nonsense about "assumptions" is a red herring.  Honestly: next you'll be saying "but I could go
out and buy a new machine, and restore off a backup, and so you it was SAFE for me to run as root!".

--George
George Carless ... kafka at antichri.st
Words are just dust in deserts of sound