[ale] Linux Distributions

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Wed May 18 12:26:04 EDT 2005

On Tuesday May 17 2005 14:11, Jerald Sheets wrote:
> Don't you think it's better we hash it all out here instead of being
> blindsided in an interview with it?
> Jerald M. Sheets jr.
> Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator

I use Linux for my home system. I am not a pro. admin.
I will never interview for a computer related job - I avoid interviews.
Still, if those things were not true, I would be able to professionally defend
my position within a single sentence.

On lists, I typically put forth a challenge:
1. Let's swap our daily use boxes.
2. Let's swap root passwords.
3. I run commands on your box, you run any command on mine.
4. We see who recovers more quickly.
5. Winner takes $1000

I specifically set up my box so that I can meet such a challenge at any time.
I wanted to be able to be hacked, allow for user error and still be able to
fix any box in the time it takes to transfer the data back.

I run as root because the security issues that have been mentioned simply do
not affect me or my system. I understand that corporate environments (as well
as most other home users) have different setups.
--
Wishing you Happiness, Joy, and Laughter,
Drew Brown