[ale] Linux Distributions

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Wed May 18 05:13:30 EDT 2005

>  The mentalality
> is something of a poison, which if you get the (stupid) mass public to
> think, and then the (stupid) mass public uses the software, and then
> (stupid) mass developers program for that aforementioned stupid mass
> public, then you've got a problem.
>
> Running as root, is bad.  Period.
>
>  - Mike

"Sliding slope" argument. Period.
We don't have 33% market LET alone the majority.
Further, you OVERLOOKED many things that could make the system secure despite
it being run as root. For example, you imply that there would be no strict
firewall by default. You are only able to look at the FALSE hypothetical
situation with current technology that happens to run in your house.

Thankfully, you are NOT my admin. Shame.
--
Wishing you Happiness, Joy, and Laughter,
Drew Brown