[ale] [OT] I want to become a ham

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Tue May 17 23:52:04 EDT 2005

Paul - your insight is fantastic - thanks again!

I'm going to attend the Hamfest in Marietta (June 4th) and buy my rig there.

But...  I'm still not sure what I'm looking for.  I want to be able to
receive an APRS signal in the 14.440-14.600 range (from the near-space
satellite) and somehow feed it into a PC/server for processing
(navigation, etc).  I'm in the process of securing the weather
balloon(s) and related supplies; the flight computer is cakewalk for me,
but I'm in need of a Ham/Radio guru to help me turn the APRS signals
into something useful so we can recover the aircraft.

Thanks again,
CB