[ale] Linux Distributions

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 19:20:55 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 18:55 -0400, Jonathan Rickman wrote:
> On 5/17/05, Jim Popovitch <jimpop at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > To show you how misunderstood the Internet (not to mention security),
> > email headers, and such are....
>
> Oh I understand how things work just perfectly, thank you very much.
> No need for the condescending remark or the lesson.  I was just making
> a tongue in cheek comment similar to your own.  But since you seem
> intent on being an ass about it, welcome to my ignore list. Darn thing
> is growing fast lately.

Don't block me, I'm the one who pointed out your error.  You may need me
to do this again in the future. ;-)

Apologies if you think I was being an ass, I'm just trying to point out
how people, including myself, don't always know what they think they
know.  This includes things like running as root in addition to email
headers and IP addresses.  ;-)

Look at it this way:  The ALE archives are full of wrong assumptions,
incorrect "fixes" and every now and then some truth.  No sane person can
intelligently take just one or two emails from that archive and
formulate an opinion that will pass muster.

-Jim P.