[ale] Linux Distributions

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Tue May 17 17:53:39 EDT 2005

> > I think it's worth pointing out that the issue that we've been discussing
> > has actually rather little bearing on how well-protected a box is from
> > the outside, and unless Jim can be convinced to run a trojan etc., I
> > don't think that this "come and attack my box" thing is too relevant.

I think it IS relevant. My position is that not only can I not screw up my
box , but YOU can't either - root password and access to / or not.
Thus, it is harmless to login as root regularly on my system.

> My response was to Drew's posting, or so I thought.  It was to the
> following:

It was my post. I followed up with a challenge (while mentioning Sunday at 6PM
would be a good time for that).
--
Wishing you Happiness, Joy, and Laughter,
Drew Brown