[ale] [OT] I want to become a ham

Joe Sechman joe.sechman at gmail.com
Tue May 17 16:15:08 EDT 2005

www.arrl.org, ISBN 0-87259-881-0.

> Are there any local Lugs for Ham Radio?
I'm not sure about the lugs or the fees - but there are frequent
hamfests and from what I recall it's not too bad to get
licensed...your rig may be another issue altogether (Frys!)  I'm
working on getting around to getting my license too.  One of my
friends is a ham and got me hooked.

> Thanks in advance, (and sorry for the OT)-
Not necessarily OT ... I'm far from an authority, but does anyone here
have experience using Linux w/ham radio operating?

--
Joe Sechman, CISSP, RHCE
Unix / Linux Systems Administrator