[ale] Linux Distributions

Jerald Sheets jsheets at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 15:27:46 EDT 2005

On May 17, 2005, at 2:21 PM, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:

> OK. I will. I will start separate threads for these issues. Thanks for
> offering help - I should have paid less attention to the personal
> attacks and
> more attention to the help you were trying to offer. In the new
> threads, I
> will do my best to ignore such attacks and stay on topic. Please
> join me.

I can't let this stand.  I started this conversation:

>> 3. Don't run as root.
>>

> Ever.  Under any circumstances(or only as directed via install
> instructions, but even those can often be done via other means).
>
> Pull down sudo (if it's not already installed by default), learn the
> config, and use it instead.  It's considerably safer, and adheres to
> best practices.

Point out the personal attack.

I will not have my integrity called into question on a public list.
I am giving you DOCUMENTED best security practices, and you are
calling foul.  Point out the foul.

Jerald M. Sheets jr.
Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator
McKesson, Inc.