[ale] ATI closed source graphics drivers

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Sun May 15 20:06:18 EDT 2005

James,
If you jump up to the Geforce Ti 4xxx series or the FX5xxx series or
even better the Quadro FX series you will see a huge jump in
performance.  Of course the prices jump too for the cards!

The 6000 series are the latest and you have to really pay attention to
what you buy to get the very best card and bus combo.  A dual SLI setup
with the best card will cost $800-$900 for the two cards plus some more
money for the dual port motherboard.

Someone is going to start porting math applications for science to the
video engines someday.
Dow