[ale] A picture is worth a thousand questions

Jonathan Rickman jrickman at gmail.com
Sat May 14 13:02:05 EDT 2005

I don't know the answers to your specific questions, but I can
enlighten you as to the source of most of the detailed photos. The
detailed photos are not satelite imagery. At some point as you zoom in
the photos transition to aerial photos taken some time in 2004. If you
want to see the limits of satalite imagery (at least commercial) have
a look at the overheads from a non metro area. You should check out
the keyhole app that all of this is derived from. It reveals the
source of the imagery. It's also more fun to play with. Windows only
though. :-(

--
Jonathan