[ale] [Fwd: EFFector 18.15: Federal Court Scraps Broadcast Flag!]

Jim Philips jimmyc at speedfactory.net
Sat May 14 10:06:27 EDT 2005

Agreed. But it's not the lack of quality programming that makes TV bad. It's
just that even when the quality of programming is good, watching TV seems
like a terrific waste of time. A friend of mine is married to a guy who
doesn't have to work (major money) and she says he spends up to ten hours a
day watching TV. I spend maybe four hours a week watching TV. But I feel much
more engaged when I'm doing something on the computer. In 30 minutes of TV
news, I'll get the broad brushes of maybe eight stories. In 30 minutes of
news browsing on the Internet, I can get the scoop on twenty or more stories.