[ale] How to burn a bootable Debian Sarge cd

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Sat May 14 09:51:14 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I am trying to burn a bootable cd to install Sarge over the net. I have
downloaded the iso file for the install. I have tried burning it several
times and have not been able to produce a bootable cd. I thought there
was a different way you were supposed to burn a cd that was going to be
bootable, however I can find nothing to that fact in my searches. The
system I am using is Debian Sarge with cdrecord as the burn software.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim Seymour
--
I started using something better than the "standard" back when IBM advertised
OS/2 Warp on TV. As Linux matured I made the transition from OS/2 v4 to Linux.