[ale] OT: U.S. National Identity Cards All But Law

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Fri May 13 05:29:06 EDT 2005

ChangingLINKS.com wrote:

> Oddly, you mention having to travel to Ohio to look up case law. As I can
> vouch for myself, Emory Law library (which is pretty darn close to
> installfests) works just fine. My hope is that you aren't putting forth the
> argument that Emory Law library is somehow lacking case law.
>
> I'll shut up now. My only hope is that others don't get led down the same
> path. I have seen patriots go to jail AND prison, get divorces, lose their
> families and friends, only to hit rock bottom and stay there indefinitely.
> It's not the exception, it is the norm.
>
> My job in letting people know BEFORE they go off to some con artist to "learn"
> how to rid themselves of a driver's license is done.

Well... as far as law and such goes, I am not sure what gets circulated
and when and how, and all of that, because I've never used one myself.
I just know of cases that it's succeeded in.  And repression takes place
more then you probably think to realize.  In any case, I mention a trip
back home, because that is where people are that I'd hafta track down
that I haven't seen in a while to track down the details such *as* the
case number and everything else.

As with anything else, I'd recommend that people actually research the
thing first, before trying to use it, and obtain a sense of deep
familiarity with it, rather then just take it and run.

	- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                               <fd0man at gmail.com>
Website: http://fd0man.chadeux.net/     Jabber: mtrausch at jabber.com
Phone: +1-(678)-522-7934              FAX (US Only): 1-866-806-4647
Do you have PGP or GPG?  Key at pgp.mit.edu, Please Encrypt E-Mail!