[ale] Big Brother Wins, We lose... From /. Real-ID Passes U.S. Senate 100-0

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu May 12 07:32:12 EDT 2005

Mike Murphy wrote:
> Thanks, I can unsubscribe myself if I choose to do so.
>
> Discussion of politics seems to lead to nothing but ad-hominem attacks
> (see "ASSume" comment in slightly earlier email). I just don't think
> that's productive, and I know its not inclusive. As the saying goes:
> never discuss politics or religion in polite company.

I agree.  Nothing productive has ever come of political discussions on
this list.  Further, I don't feel it was really on topic to begin with
(where's the Linux?), and fell even further off topic when the
discussion moved from the real id, to the discussions of the type of
government we have.

I appreciate folks sharing such initial postings, but I'd like to see
them not turn into the bandwasting free for all, they always seem to do
on this list.

--
Until later, Geoffrey