[ale] [OT] Big Brother Wins, We lose... From /. Real-ID Passes U.S. Senate 100-0

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Thu May 12 01:48:11 EDT 2005

On Wednesday May 11 2005 16:04, Mike Murphy wrote:
> Thanks, I can unsubscribe myself if I choose to do so.
>
> Discussion of politics seems to lead to nothing but ad-hominem attacks
> (see "ASSume" comment in slightly earlier email). I just don't think
> that's productive, and I know its not inclusive. As the saying goes:
> never discuss politics or religion in polite company.
>
> I guess the blood is in the water now. If you guys want to shout me
> down, and burn bandwidth on this, go nuts. Or maybe someone should just
> invoke Godwin's law and end this now? If I want to watch (and
> participate in) a flame war over partisan politics, I'm sure I can find
> that elsewhere, but a quality local Linux resource such as this is a bit
> harder to find.
>
> I wonder (or maybe worry is the better word) that this stuff is going to
> drive people off in droves if it continues, and deter new folks from
> speaking up. If that's the way you guys want it, proceed.
>
> Mike

Next time, argue that people should use OT in the subject line.
Everyone agrees that the use of [OT] is considerate and allows those not
wishing to see these political threads a way to filter.

I wonder why YOU didn't add [OT] to the subject line while posing the same
argument that has been repeatedly hashed out before?

Ultimately, this list will continue the way it has for years. People won't use
[OT] consistently, and there will never be sub-lists (or even obfuscated
email addresses). That's the standard here.
--
Wishing you Happiness, Joy, and Laughter,
Drew Brown