[ale] Big Brother Wins, We lose... From /. Real-ID Passes U.S. Senate 100-0

Mike Murphy mike at tyderia.net
Wed May 11 17:13:59 EDT 2005

Thanks, I can unsubscribe myself if I choose to do so.

Discussion of politics seems to lead to nothing but ad-hominem attacks
(see "ASSume" comment in slightly earlier email). I just don't think
that's productive, and I know its not inclusive. As the saying goes:
never discuss politics or religion in polite company.

I guess the blood is in the water now. If you guys want to shout me
down, and burn bandwidth on this, go nuts. Or maybe someone should just
invoke Godwin's law and end this now? If I want to watch (and
participate in) a flame war over partisan politics, I'm sure I can find
that elsewhere, but a quality local Linux resource such as this is a bit
harder to find.

I wonder (or maybe worry is the better word) that this stuff is going to
drive people off in droves if it continues, and deter new folks from
speaking up. If that's the way you guys want it, proceed.

Mike

Jerald Sheets wrote:

> On May 11, 2005, at 11:52 AM, Mike Murphy wrote:
>
>> I re-second prior suggestions of an ALE-POLITICS list for this  stuff
>> to go on.
>>

> As has been said quite a few times...
>
> This is a general email list on matters concerning Linux users.
>
> This legislation will affect everyone in the country, and is a
> pertinent topic for this list.
>
> Like they say on the N. Va LUG...  If you don't like it, I'm sure we
> can have someone make the list disappear for you.
>
> --j

Mike Murphy
781 Inman Mews Drive Atlanta GA 30307
Landline: 404-653-1070