[ale] Big Brother Wins, We lose... From /. Real-ID Passes U.S. Senate 100-0

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Wed May 11 15:55:52 EDT 2005

Mike Murphy wrote:

> Not true. Write letter's to the Governor's office asking him to back the
> idea of a lawsuit by the states (based on the argument that unfunded
> mandates about the provisions of state issued driver's licenses are
> unconstitutional).
>
> Mike

When I said that I meant that there are no established proceedures for
it.  Where I come from, for example, you can draft a piece of
legislation yourself, and from there, petition the voter base.  Then it
hits the ballot.  In this manner, you can have the state back a lawsuit,
or whatever, by the voters declaring in a legal manner, with legal
failovers, that it *WILL* be done.  Essentially, what a democratic
society should be - by the people and for the people.

	- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                               <fd0man at gmail.com>
Website: http://fd0man.chadeux.net/     Jabber: mtrausch at jabber.com
Phone: +1-(678)-522-7934              FAX (US Only): 1-866-806-4647
Do you have PGP or GPG?  Key at pgp.mit.edu, Please Encrypt E-Mail!