[ale] ATI closed source graphics drivers

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sat May 7 09:21:42 EDT 2005

No. The answer is as simple as that. The NVidia supplied drivers
outclass ATi's by a very wide margin. The ATi drivers are getting
better but they are still a pain to get working and then even to use
(don't switch out of you X session). The ATi drivers are geared toward
the Radeon line 8500 and up. They will not work with the laptop cards
unless you have very specific Radeon models. Just save yourself some
headache and skip over ATi for Linux right now.