[ale] ATI closed source graphics drivers

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Sat May 7 01:53:28 EDT 2005

On Saturday May 07 2005 00:07, Dow Hurst wrote:
> Do the ATI driver work as well as the Nvidia one?  I don't have an ATI
> based machine to try on.  It would sure make choosing a laptop easier
> for me or recommending one for others.  I just need to be able to
> recommend hardware accelerated OpenGL based performance on a laptop but
> don't want a 10lb monster.
> Thanks,
> Dow

Yes. I found that ATI drivers have great performance AND there are no hoops to
jump through to get them installed. Distros like Suse even ship with drivers
that can be configured simply by clicking with the mouse.
--
Wishing you Happiness, Joy, and Laughter,
Drew Brown