[ale] U.S. National Identity Cards All But Law

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 20:19:22 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 18:52 -0400, Randal Jarrett wrote:

> Isn't that a kicker. trusting foreign companies to make the rfid chips
> for our passports..

At some point everyone has foreign ties.  Trust is more about the
caliber of the person than it is with the origin of the person.  I know
a few Russian (ok, with a name like Popovitch who would have guessed)
and French people, and even an Iranian that I would trust over some
blue-blood Americans.

Unfortunately for us (US Americans), the rfid chip makers flourish
elsewhere.  Give this some thought:  Other than farm products what
physical products does America really produce these days?

-Jim P.