[ale] GCC tutorial

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Thu May 5 17:46:04 EDT 2005

    Jun> Hi, Any one can pointout a good online tutorial for GCC?

Erm, try 'man gcc'?  Presuming you want to program in C on Linux, what
you probably meant to ask was a reference on learning C, which I'm not
aware of one online.

_A Book On C_ (0201183994) is a pretty good dead tree introduction
(at least was two editions ago; I'm presuming it's still a good choice
since C hasn't changed much since then).  In addition you'll want to
look for something like _APUE_ (0201433079, which I see has an new
edtion) or _The UNIX Programming Environment_ to cover interacting
with the OS.  If you're looking to do some sort of GUI programming
you'll want a book on either Qt if you use KDE (ORA has one, but I
think it's a revision behind; then again Qt's C++ and you'd need a
book on C++ rather than C :), or Gtk if you're Gnomish.

fletch at phydeaux.org|  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'