[ale] Windows+UNIX = Smoother then I prev. thought!

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sun May 1 23:35:09 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-01 at 22:36 -0400, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> For those that want to know how hard it is to display X applications on
> Windows, for cheap:  It's not.
>
> In fact, if you spend money, the solution is more prone to breaking then
> using X.org with Cygwin.  :-)
>
> Just thought I'd pass that along!

About 3 years ago when I was at HP, we had w2k machine and one of the
commercial X solutions for window (I don't recall which one). I loaded
up cygwin and X and XFCE and DXPC and had a much faster, more capable
HPUX support platform than the overpriced monster I was provided with.
Just having multiple screens again for accessing multiple machine full
screen made a huge difference as I could hotkey around.