[ale] running proftpd as a child of xinetd

H. A. Story adrin at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 6 11:39:52 EST 2005

Hi did you guys get this to work?

Every time I have installed proftpd I usually have a had time to get it
to work just like I want. I don't use xinetd on my system.  Slackware
has inetd by default?   But I had to put in the location of the config
file  such that my inetd line has  proftpd -c /etc/proftpd.conf.
Perhaps you need this in the server line???

Also,  Look over the proftpd.conf file and make sure that you don't have
a setting conflicting with the xinetd.d/proftpd file.

Adrin