[ale] Qemu experiences (or.....wow!)

Kenneth W Cochran kwc at theworld.com
Fri Mar 4 11:51:34 EST 2005

Qemu is in the ports tree now (as of this date) and I don't
see any OS-version dependence, although the port skeleton
indicates that it requires GCC 3.4 to build.  (That might be
reason enough to update your OS to 5.x, since gcc3.4 is what's
there now and I'm seeing more and more ports wanting gcc3.)

Why not just update your ports tree and install from there?

FreeBSD's Ports tree is not branched; it might work with 4.3.
But you'd be well-advised to update to FreeBSD 4.11 (the current
version of 4.x) anyway, at least until you can get up to speed
with 5.x.

-kc