[ale] Qemu experiences (or.....wow!)

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Fri Mar 4 11:06:45 EST 2005

>From Jay Loden:
<snipped>

>There's also a Windows Live CD out there, and at least one site with
>instructions on how to make a Windows live CD that you can run apps off of.
>If you're really against getting Windows installed, you could probably create
>one of those to run the app from.

The one I knew about was based on Win98 but I found this and it looks interesting:

  URL  = "http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/about48896.html"
  Title = "Windows XP Live CD"
  Snippet = "... PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:19 pm Post subject: Windows XP Live CD ...  idea how to do this, but with the help on the page I built the Win XP Live CD ..."

(unfortunately I can't verify anything right now)

On Friday 04 March 2005 08:53 am, Courtney Thomas wrote:

> How about VMware ? Will it allow flashing of the hardware BIOS or does
> it have a resident software BIOS ?

I believe that VMware uses a generic software BIOS/video driver/hardware for its' program.  Admittedly my usage was limited, but I don't think it grants you access to your actual computers BIOS.