[ale] anybody successfully compiled QEMU ?

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Thu Mar 3 21:01:14 EST 2005

Courtney Thomas <ccthomas at joimail.com> said:

> I need to run some MS Win utilities to burn a new BIOS on my Linux
> compatible machine's motherboard. Hence the need for qemu.
>
> When I...
>
> 	./configure
>
> I get...
>
> 	"cannot compile statically with SDL - qemu-fast won't have a
> graphical ouput"

As long as up above this message it says "SDL support: yes", then you'll be
fine.  Go ahead and compile.  This is an informational message and
won't affect
your experience.

If, however, it says "SDL support: no", Qemu will run without any graphical
output.  You need to install the libsdl-devel packages for your distro.

Before doing any of this, though, I'd seriously reconsider what you're
trying to
do.  Although emulators are definitely not my area of expertise, attempting to
flash a bios from one seems like a horribly Bad Idea(tm)...won't you
essentially be flashing a emulated bios?

John