[ale] Switching from KDE to Gnome

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 3 20:10:20 EST 2005

It is very simple.  Since your running SuSE you can install Gnome with
Yast if it isn't already.  It isn't in the default SuSE install but once
you do, then all of Gnome is available to you.  You can run Gnome apps
inside of the default KDE environment or switch to the Gnome environment
and run KDE apps inside of Gnome.  At the login prompt you can pick from
the installed window managers for the login session.  I have logged into
XFCE, Gnome, WindowMaker, and KDE all on the same SuSE box.  You can
pick one environment to be the default but the others will be
available.  Whatever Gnome applications are installed will usually be
available whatever environment you choose.  Just use Yast to install Gnome.
Dow

</slamdunk/>