[ale] Cron scripts and ttys - Email found in subject

Yu, Jerry Jerry.Yu at Voicecom.com
Thu Mar 3 10:29:37 EST 2005

 how about using 'Expect' to expect such prompts then send a string or two in response...

# -----Original Message-----
# From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org]
# Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 11:04 AM
# To: ale at ale.org
# Subject: [SPAM] - [ale] Cron scripts and ttys - Email found in subject
#
# Guys,
#
# We have a backup cron script that running on some HP K460s
# that has worked
# well for many years.  In the last few weeks, our backup size has grown
# large enough to require two tapes.  Problem is, because this
# script runs
# as a cron job, it's not attached to any tty and there is no
# way to respond
# to the prompt tar throws up to tell you to change media.
#
# Is there anyway, outside of using screen (we've had significant issues
# getting it compiled on the HPs) to get a script to run on a
# tty from cron?
#
# Thanks!
#