[ale] Linux & USB Wi-Fi adapters?

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Sun Jul 24 12:49:57 EDT 2005

On Sun July 24 2005 12:06 pm, Richard Atcheson wrote:
> The stores really dont care and are not responsible for you getting
> your rebate, that's why they do it.
> RA
actually they do care. I called CircuitCity because they disallowed my
Epson scanner rebate. I ordered it online  and printed out the order
form to pick it up. I sent that to CircuitCity as my receipt, but it
didn't have the price on it. I called the rebate number and told them
if I DIDN'T get my rebate I would stop shopping there. Almost every
electronic piece of equipment in my house came from Circuitcity
because I HATE all the rebate items and policies at BestBuy!
The nice lady understood, explained all I needed to do was get a
replacement receipt with the price and mail that in, everything else
was already in the computer. I did, and got my $50 rebate.
I MUCH prefer the Costco/Bj's online form method, so easy, simple to
use and almost foolproof.
I am a little upset with Staples, because I got a stack of CD's from
them on sale, and they were SUPPOSED to be 48X. I have been unable to
burn with them using ANY speed higher than 8X. This takes a WHOLE

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800